When reimbursement is claimed for any repair that is sublet to an outside repair facility, the sublet invoice must contain the following information:
- The name, address and phone number of the sublet facility
- A pre-printed sublet invoice number
- The date of repair
- The dealership repair order number and purchase order number
- The VIN of the vehicle being repaired
- The mileage of the vehicle being repaired
- A list of all parts (including description and part number) used to complete the sublet repair, and the cost of each part
- A complete description of all work performed
- Separate parts and/or labor totals
- Make sure they list separately any repairs like dents, gouges and etc.
Have the Body Shop’s if possible cost out the repair as it is performed.
Example: Body Labor
Sublet labor, this is labor that is above and beyond the normal repair.
If Ford has a labor op for the repair, we have to use that labor op at your labor rate. If there is not a labor op we can use OSL (outside labor). But it has to be justified by the outside shops RO. By time punching indicating extra time or a separate column for the extra labor explain why.
Paint materials is calculated by Ford Example: 23×3.4×40%=$109.48
On body shop jobs give us a call if you are not certain what Ford will pay. We will tell you what Ford is going to pay. That way you don’t lose money on Body Shop jobs. Please call 989.348.9755.