Owner Brad Summers instructed new people in Warranty and Policy area of the Ford Motor Company Customer Service Center in Detroit. Brad found the dealers were not collecting their warranty dollars and decided to do something about it.
Brad formed Summers Dealer Services in 1985 to help Ford dealers ensure Ford dealers reduce their exposure to liability in warranty claims.
In addition to six years with Ford Motor Company, Brad’s experience in the field is well respected:
- Contracted instructor for Ford Marketing Institute for three years teaching Warranty & Policy, Claims Preparation, Body Shop Claims Preparation, and Parts Policy & Procedures.
- Completed more than 80 mini mail-in review throughout the United States.
- Dealer experience as a Service Advisor and Parts Counter Person.
- Conducted warranty practice reviews for manyon proper warranty administration.
- Ford Dealerships at their location, providing training
- Supporting dealerships to lower their warranty expense that allowed the dealership to exit the Warranty Counseling Process.
- Working with the Ford Dealers Alliance as a Warranty Specialist to answer any concerns the members may have on warranty issues.
- Instruct one-day warranty seminars for the FDA.
- Brad has produced articles on warranty subjects for the FDA newsletter on a needed basis.
- Created help guide on understanding Ford’s Warranty Counseling Process that distributed over 1,000 copies to a membership of over 1,700 (by request only).
- Developed the Body Shop Claims Preparation Course and trained FMI’s employees on the materials for FMI.
- Produced a Basic Warranty Claims Preparation course materials and Instructor Guide for Ford Marketing Institute.
- Conduct a three-day warranty boot camp for dealerships across the country on warranty administration and claims payment.
- Worked with Midas International Corporation in a new District Management Program.
- Attended Ferris State University and obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Automotive Dealership Management.
- Completed course work required for trade technical teaching.
Brad is well known in his community and believes in giving back to his community. Brad also serves in the local Rotary Club as a board member, is a Cub Scout Master, and is an appointed member of the Crawford County Unit of the Michigan Department of Human Services Board.
About Summers Dealers Services
Summers Dealer Services has been in business helping Ford dealerships since 1985. The owner, Brad Summers, has both retail and wholesale experience in Ford and the aftermarket. Brad spent three years teaching and designing classes for Ford Marketing Institute working with Warranty and Policy, ACES II Payment System, Parts Policy and Body Shop Warranty so he knows the subject of Ford warranty. Our services will drastically reduce your liability in an audit and at the same time leave no money on the table. We specialize in providing personalized service because we only work with a controllable amount of dealers to keep you number one. Unlike many processing companies, the owner reviews 95% of the claims processed on a daily basis. We serve a core group of dealerships and do not plan to get so large that we loose touch with our customers. Being small in comparison to our competitors allows us to handle most computer systems and tailor our service to your needs. So no matter how big or small your dealership is we can do a top notch job that you will not regret. Please consider our services and see how we can help your dealership. Thank you for reviewing our warranty services. We are looking forward from hearing from you in the future.
With its location in the rural Michigan town of Grayling, Summers Dealer Services, Inc. finds itself in the middle of an outdoorsman’s paradise. Having a young and growing family, Barb and Brad Summers moved their successful warranty processing business out of the busy Detroit suburbs (originally established in 1985) and into the more laid back atmosphere of Northern Michigan. Both being outdoor lovers, Barb and Brad take full advantage of all that the area has to offer. Depending on the season, people from both near and far participate in activities like camping, hunting, fishing, boating and snowmobiling. Also being involved in local business groups, county government and scouting, the Summers’ have created a comfortable home and fulfilling lifestyle in the Grayling area.
All is not necessarily fun and play here at Summers Dealer Services Inc., the company employs an experienced staff of warranty processors and data entry specialists with over sixty plus combined years experience. From the moment you place your first call to SDS Inc., you will be greeted by a courteous and professional staff that places your needs first. We are more than happy to assist you with any warranty related questions that you may have, whether you are a current SDS Inc. client or not. We have, or will get the answers to your questions.
We pride ourselves on having a thorough understanding of the entire Ford warranty process from the moment a customer first enters your dealership to the moment the warranty repair order receives final full payment from Ford. Our staff stays updated on all daily updates, policy changes and proper claim submission procedures from Ford Motor Company. Not a small task as we are all aware. Our goal is to maximize the dollars that you collect on each and every repair order while, at the same time, keeping within the guidelines that Ford has created. We keep your best interests in mind, both financially and ethically.
Ford warranty processing can be a complicated and, at times, frustrating experience. That is exactly why we exist. Seek out all of the available services we offer from warranty processing / collection to assistance with the warranty counseling process (audits) to training. We offer complete and comprehensive services. As your dealerships warranty specialists we will ease the burden and worry involved in proper warranty submission and allow you to focus more time and energy in the other aspects of running a Ford dealership.