PRIOR APPROVAL ON COMPETITIVE MAKE (NON FORD VECHICLES) CLAIMS at or greater than $500
Any competitive make vehicle claim $500 or greater requires prior approval (or $300 if your dealership has a $300 approval level for FLM vehicles). Prior approval agents will be required to:
- Review parts prices or labor times to industry published standards
- Request a lower parts price or labor time if parts or labor times are excessive.
- Agents have the ability to ship parts (next day for small parts) to the repairing dealer at no cost if the dealer is not able to purchase parts locally at a price that enables you to meet the reimbursement rate guidelines established in the Administration manual.
USED VEHICLE PRIOR APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
All dealers, regardless of prior approval level, will need to obtain prior approval for:
- Repairs performed within 30 days of a used vehicle sale when the repair amount > $250.00
- This requirement is for Ford / Lincoln Protect used, ESC, Royal Shield, and CPO claims
- Dealers are required to complete a Used Vehicle Inspection within 90 days or 1,000 miles prior to the used contract start date except when the vehicle is within the Bumper-to-Bumper warranty or within coverage for the same owner and the same or lower coverage plan is being purchased.
- Please ensure the on-line Used Vehicle Inspection Check Sheet (UVIC) is completed and submitted prior to the sale of any Used or Royal Shield plan. Click here to view the on-line Ford / Lincoln Protect used vehicle inspection checklist (UVIC).
- Any pre-existing item needs to be repaired, at the dealer’s or customer’s expense, prior to selling the vehicle or registering a used plan or CPO warranty
- A claim will be denied if the vehicle has pre-existing concern(s) or if the on-lineUVIC or CPO inspection sheet is not used.
Other Approvals Required
- Rentals for more than 5 days require approval from ESP.
- Refunds for claims totaling more than $50.00.
- Certain components require approval for any dollar amount: 17682,17683,17D743,502C22,8009,3504, 5J281,5J249,5J250,5J225,5L227 and 5L229.