FORD TRANSPORTATION PAYMENTS
Rentals Ford Franchise: There are several different ways to collect rentals and give alternative transportation to your customers, without using your Ford CLP Budget (P18), P99 program per EFC06154 effective January 1 thru December 31, 2018. The P99 program is to provide a loaner and alternative transportation to your customers.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM-IN-WARRANTY LOANER POLICY
Dealers are empowered to provide Ford customers a loaner based on the following.
Ford customers (or Mercury) must have an open repair order for a warrantable repair. All Ford Vehicle Limited Warranty repairs within 5 years/60,000 miles of the WSD are eligible for this support within the time and mileage guidelines.
Customers are eligible for an in-warranty loaner when:
- Vehicle requires a repair over 4 hours based on Service Labor Time Standards.
- The condition requires extensive diagnosis.
- The parts needed for the repairs are not readily available making the vehicle inoperable.
All Ford Dealers may provide a customer with a loaner for up to 4 days without the need for prior approval.
In the event that a warranty repair order must remain open for more than 4 days due to a parts delay or technical escalation, the dealership must request and receive prior approval for extra loaner days via the FMC 360 Dealer Portal In-Warranty Loaner Web Form.
Up to $30/day for passenger cars and utility vehicles including Transit Connect.
Up to $60/day for F-series/ E-series/Transit/Expedition when used.
ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM POLICY (P99)
Dealerships may provide customers who meet the criteria with alternative transportation assistance including the following:
Types of Usage
- Shuttle (Dealer Shuttle within 3 years (WSD) and 50,000 miles) Must have a log
- Public Transportation-Subway, Train or Bus
- Rideshare alternatives (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
Dealers may submit claims for reimbursement up to $6.00 each way with a $12.00 maximum per VIN and repair event.
The ALTTRANS claims MUST be submitted within 30 days from the completion date of the repair for payment.
- Loaners already covered by a Ford ESP or Non-Ford ESP Contract with rental coverage.
- Vehicles with branded titles
- Non-Ford vehicles.
- Any dealer owned vehicles, stock units.
- FSA Field Service Action loaner should be claimed by the FSA.
- Lincoln vehicles in for service at a Ford Dealership are not eligible for support.
OTHER WAYS TO GET RENTAL / LOANERS COVERED:
- ESP – Repairs can be covered up to 5 days without needing approval (fitting ESP guidelines) look on oasis and make sure there is rental coverage on the contract. Any repairs beyond 5 days requires approval up to 10 days rental. Reasons rental would apply:
- First day or single day rental would apply if the customer purchased the First-Day Rental coverage
- Vehicle MUST be kept overnight to complete a covered repair
- Vehicle is determined to be inoperable at the time it was left for service
- Further driving would cause damage to the vehicle or render it inoperable
- Recalls – Some recalls allow certain number of days for loaners. Review the recall under the rental vehicle section for how many days the recall allows.
Dealers can still get reimbursements for a service shuttle under P18 at $36.00 per day instead of using this program. The benefit of P99 Program does not take monies from your limited P18 funds.