Per EFC09519 time clocking is not required. You will only need to clock for actual time (MT, B, NPF, Diag. etc.)
The reasons to still have good clocking practice.
- For actual time
- We need it for claim submission, we go off the last punch time the technician did on the repair.
- Helps your numbers for close to submit
- Ford is cracking down on claims over 30 days for submission. If we don’t have any clocking, we don’t know when the last time the TECH worked on the vehicle for RO completion date..
- A lot of recall have actual time now
- In the labor guide there is no time study for certain parts that are replaced. That is why it is good practice to always time punch.
Writing in time is not a good practice. The only reason you should write in time is if your computers are down, time clock is broke.