Attention to all Service Personnel:
As of January 1st 2007 all dealerships will be required to use the NEW GRI-190 battery tester/charger. Many claims are rejecting due to improperly obtained battery codes from the tester. The information that is required to be input into the NEW Tester is similar to the old one. Listed below are the following primary drivers in obtaining the proper codes:
- Make sure your P & A code is properly entered into the tester.
- Refer to the attached sheet to ensure to test the battery at the proper
cold cranking amperage.
- Ensure the correct six digit R.O. number is punched in for a failed
battery (123456, 012345).
- Make sure the proper two digit line number is added into the tester
(01, 11, _A).
- DTC code generated by the tester is thirteen charters beginning with
the letter of Y.
If any of above information is incorrect, then expect the battery claim to bounce in the Ford’s payment system. Make sure your technician’s follow these few steps and we hope to see your claims getting paid the first time. We can only input the info given to us. The staff at Summers Dealer Services, Inc. cannot determine what code is wrong when a claim line rejects for improper codes. The only resources you have is to contact the company that makes the machine at Midtronics at 1-800-776-1995. When calling make sure have the R.O., and charger/tester available. A representative will guide you through the process to get a correct code. Once you find the claims getting paid by using one or more technician’s then use them to get the older rejected claims paid.
Good luck and as always feel free to contact us with any questions.