Don’t forget to print out the new 2017 Prior Approval Sheets effective March 1, 2017. NOTICE: The engine approval will apply to select dealerships please check FMCDealer web-site to see if your dealership applies. EFC05480
Changes for 2017:
- All powertrain items (Diesel Engine (6007, 6006) & components, gas engine (6007, 6006) and transmission) have been combined into a single Combined Powertrain Components Program. Top performing dealers are excluded from this Prior Approval requirement.
- Interior/ Exterior Digital Imaging changes, they have taken out some of the sunroof components, rear step bumper, running board brackets and added some new numbers on the interior trim. Just make sure you compare your new list with the old and get familiar with the changes.
Key Points to Review:
- Two new wire harnesses are added this year 14A630 and 12A690 for Hot-Line approvals.
- Approval is required for 6.7L Diesel particulate filter (5H221/5H270) and high pressure pump or kit (9A543/9B246) for Hot-Line approvals.
- All Ford and Lincoln dealers are still required to fill out the Cost Cap Tool. For engines and transmissions to determine if the repair cost exceeds the thresholds. MUST support all parts listed on the Cost Cap Tool with a defect mentioned (not just contaminated). Must have accurate time clocking to allow any payment to complete the cost cap analysis if the assembly is replaced.
- Also added Performance Engines (6007, 6006) for the GT350 5.2L, 5.4L and the 5.8L engine. Also Focus RS 2.3L and SVT Raptor 3.5L engine.
- These programs do not apply to 2007 and older model year vehicles.
- Approvals apply to SPW repairs but not OTC they are excluded.
- Sheet does not state (6012) complete engine and it is not mention requiring approval. I contacted prior approval and they stated it is excluded.
- Short blocks (6009) do not require approval per the sheet.
- NOTICE: If an engine is replaced under warranty the engine is only covered for 12/12 or the remaining portion of the powertrain warranty whichever is greater.
Created by Summers Dealer Services, Inc. 2/24/2017